Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Bunda

I've just talked to my mom. We seldom talk on the phone. But once we start talking, we just couldn't stop. And when I go back to Malacca, we talk till the wee hours. I talk to her once a week at least. Minimum for one hour. But I know some of my adult friends who call their mother everyday.

Talking to her is very comforting. She's a very good listener in the sense that she doesn't condemn me whenever she disagrees with the things I said. Most of the time, she's very understanding.

We hug and kiss a lot. I remember the last night I was in Malaysia before I fly to UK in 2007, she kissed every single part of my face saying that she would miss me when I was sleeping. I didn't move or anything. I pretended that I was asleep.

If we are mad at each other, we don't say sorry immediately. Actually, no apologies at all most of the time. We don't show sad emotions to each other as in crying as I know that both of us will feel weird.

After speaking to her just now, I come to a term that I have to call her more often. This post is an official reminder for me to do so. As strong as she appears she could be, she's a human and still need a shoulder to cry on.


No comments:

Post a Comment