Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Look Who’s Cooking!!!

She's working it out!

This is the first cookbook by Eva Longoria, one of the hottest woman of the century, with the curves to die for, both by her male and female fan. She wrote this book, of course by the help of others, i.e. PA, mother, sisters, personal chef, nutritionist, editor, graphic designer, photographer, stylist, make-up artist and the list goes on. Just look at the book cover, how can she struts herself confidently like that after cooking? I mean if it happens in real life. Yes, it’s for marketing purpose obviously. A real housewife doesn’t look sleek and clean and yummy like that after working her ass off in the kitchen, huh? By the look of the cover and the book title, Eva’s Kitchen: Cooking with Love for Family and Friends, you might find yourself feeling inferior when you realize that this does not happen to all of us most of the time.

I’m having a little tiny bit of problem here when it comes to food. I love to eat, I don’t mind waiting for my food while it is being prepared, but I don’t really fancy cooking for myself, or for others. Kesian laki aku, I know. But, on the other side, I don’t mind washing the dishes or cleaning the kitchen after having the meal prepared by others. In some occasion, especially during my student days in the UK, I would find myself in the kitchen, cooking, when there was no one else preparing food for me or when I felt like hosting a makan-makan for my friends. And baking is not in my dictionary, mind you.

To my future husband, please bear with me, please accept the way I am, that one of my weaknesses is I am not a great cook. But to tell you the truth, I have this intention that I’ll try my best to cook for you, at least once a week, once we live together. Insha’ Allah. I know that you are better cook than myself, that’s why I fell in love with you *puke* (I knew it! You must have put something in the food that I ate). I really appreciate that you spent the whole month of winter holiday of 2007 cooking for me and my “friends”. Dear “friends”, you know who you are. Lol. Come to think of it now, how could I be easily fooled by your ayam masak merah, nasi ayam, nasi minyak, nasi lemak etc at that time, not knowing that you had a hidden agenda! Pfftt.

Well, it’s going to be a huge challenge altogether when we shift to another stage of our life. I just want to be reminded, how I fell in love with you 3 years ago. Definitely, kuasa air tangan has proved to be one of the reasons. Just so you know Sayang, being pretty (sleek-cum-clean-cum-polished-cum-yummy) and cooking fingerlicious food don't go along well together. I can only do ONE thing at a time. Peace out :p

My Dear "Friends" hehehehehe (January 2008)

No comments:

Post a Comment