Monday, November 14, 2011

Someone Like You




I'm currently listening to this song by Adele. Every now and then. At home, in the car, at the office. Her voice is so powerful that you could feel the song by heart. It can give you goosebumps if you listen to the lyrics word by word. Bold yet beautiful. Other than "Rolling in the Deep", this is the only song by Adele that I'm listening to.

The story behind the lyrics may not related to some of us, but somehow I can relate to her by listening to this song. I feel like she is my best friend who is telling me her story. How devastated she was with her broken relationship. 

And this part touches me the most..

"Sometimes it lasts in love but sometimes it hurts instead"

After all, love never has a happy ending. I can't imagine losing the people that I love. I tend not to dwell on it. I am not prepared. And I never will.

"Nothing compares,
No worries or cares,
Regret and mistakes,
They're memories made,
Who would have known how
bittersweet this would taste?"

For now, I just want to live the moment and enjoy every nanosecond of it.

The past and future is secondary to me.

Call me hopeless romantic, I don't mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment